Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SNOW DAY!

Today was a snow day for my preschooler. I was excited to avoid the cold trips to and from school, but I would be lying if I didn't say the day grew LONG.

We filled the day with a little painting, Play-Dough and Polly Pockets (today's snow day is brought to you by the letter "P.") We watched a movie, made lunch, folded laundry and still they were bored. (the nerve!)
I should have thrown them outside to play, but it was pretty windy and we have BIG PLANS this weekend, so there is absolutely no getting sick allowed.
In desperation, I pulled out the glue sticks and paper and craft supplies. Lauren had "Family Fun" homework (so not) that had to be done, so we busied ourselves with creating our very own dinosaur. Here's Lauren's creation:


I helped her (obviously), but she was very decisive about each detail. I think the girl had a vision...unfortunately, my artistic abilities ruined her dream and "Crystal the Princessaurus" was the best we could do. Still to all who know Lauren, I think you'll agree that there is quite a bit of her portrayed in this assignment.
We finished that up, ate dinner and by then I was exhausted. But what kind of Mom is too tired for a bedtime story? Enter the perfect compromise for days such as these. Have you heard about it? Barnes and Noble has ONLINE storytime! Check it out!!! This month's book is Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola. Scroll down for a link to past books. My kids listened to four of them tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
A good website,i want to learn more about chicken recipes. Hope to hear soon from you

Regards,
https://www.zauqepakistan.com